Friday, August 20, 2010

1963 Ford Falcon Station Bus

I have had the olestationbus painted, with the rust being repaired.

I rattle canned the interior myself in the same color.

I painted the wheels and put the chrome hubcaps on it.

I replaced all of the rear window seals. The windshield and the windows in the front doors still need weatherstriping.

I replaced all of the door seals.

This is a nice bus that always draws a shout out and a thumbs up whenever I drive it.





This is my "olestationbus".

1963 Ford Falcon Station Bus
VIN: E11TH342547
E11=Falcon Station Bus series (base model Falcon)
T= 170 engine
H= Lorain, Ohio assembly plant
342547 October 1962 serial number (1963 model)

Also from the data plate I was able to get the following information.
Three speed transmission on the column (3 on the Tree)
Corinthian White paint
3.50:1 light duty rear axle (7 1/4")
Houston sales district

I bought it from a guy who buys estates for the planes in them and just ebays the cars in the estates.

I believe I am the second or third owner but have no way to prove it except the title I got from the seller was issued in 1965 but the damn state of Florida would not let me keep it!! Man I was hot that day.

I will provide a clear Florida title for it.

Since I have had it I have replaced:
Coil
Left front brake line
Electric Fuel Pump
Tires
Wiper blades
Valve cover and oil pan gaskets
Brake light indicator (in the rear of the master cylinder)
Filters
Thermostat

I also had the carb professionally rebuilt.

The previous owner had recently installed new plugs, wires, distributor cap, points, rotor. He also replaced the standard fuel pump with an inline electric one and plated off the opening in the block. All works well.

Except for the gas gauge, parking brake and heater, everything works. Blinkers, brake lights, headlights, high and low beams, interior lights, wipers. It has no emergency signals at all.

Except for the stickers, the driver's seat and the aftermarket electric fuel pump, it is bone stock.

Empty, I get around 15 mpg around town and 22 on the interstate. My top speed in it is about 55 or 60 mph. I think the speedo is about 5 mph fast.

I would not hesitate in driving my olestationbus anywhere. Just not to fast.

As I mentioned, I bought this last year out in San Antonio, Texas, flew out and drove it home to Daytona Beach. It still has the Texas inspection stickers in the left front corner of the windshield.
The following four photos show the rust beginning to develop. This is the side door behind the passenger.
This is the nose of the van just off center.
The driver's side "A" pillar. In this image you can also see the condition of the weatherstriping on the windshield.
And finally, this is the driver's side door.
This is the heater located on the floor between the front seats. The core leaks so I bypassed it. There is one of these vans at John's junkyard on US 1 north of I-95 that has the heater core and a replacement window for the rear passenger side door.
The dashboard.
You can see the aftermarket driver's seat here with the passenger side having a seat cover.
Spare tire has never been on the ground.
All four of the center windows flip out like this one.
The view from the rear. Sorry about all the clutter, I just finished a project and haven't cleaned it out yet.
This is a shot of the parking brake handle. It is broken and I have never tried to set the brake.
Both of the interior lights work.
From just inside the passenger side cargo doors looking to the rear.
This is the condition of the passenger seat under the cover.




This is a shot of the "doghouse".
A view inside the side cargo doors.

That's it Nick. I'm pretty motivated so let me know if you are still interested.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment