Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Engineering Device


This appears to be stainless steel.  It is packed in a wooden box with felt and foam interior.


The longer detachable arm has a pointer on the end of it.

The flexible arm pivots and is permanently attached to the measuring device.

The above is an image of the bottom.


This is the best shot.  The plunger in the end with the circular device has an indicator on the end at the scales (the semi circular device shown near the end of the scale).  The circular device (wheel) on the plunger spins, making me think this is a protractor.  But what the hell do I know?

The rest of these images are somewhat grainy but I'll leave them up just in case.
This appears to be stainless steel.  It is packed in a wooden box with felt and foam interior.
the long arm has a pointer on the end of it. 
the flexible arm pivots and is permanently attached to the measuring device.  The above is an image of the bottom.
 
Sorry for the quality.  there are two wooden engineering scales at one end.  They are triangular and have different units on each side.  Similar to the scale I use to measure on civil engineering plans.
This is the best shot.  The plunger in the end with the circular device has an indicator on the end at the scales (the semi circular device shown about 1/2 way down the scale).  The circular device (wheel) on the plunger spins, making me think this is a protractor.  But what the hell do I know?
Anyway, thanks for the look see and getting back to me.  John

1 comment:

  1. The scales indicate that this is for working with drawings, but I have no idea why it has the round plunger.

    ReplyDelete