
So, once again, this olelongrooffan has decided that one vehicle is not enough for this single nearly over the hill old man to possess so my brother, thejeepjunkie, and I have came to the conclusion that one Jeep is also not enough for this olelongrooffan.
Now, of course, a standard run of the mill CJ is not unique enough. Therefore, it was decided by unanimous opinion to acquire something just a little different but it was mandatory that it be a Florida "Blue Plate Special."
MORE

I can only hope my fellow Hoons will remember a post I did here in the Hooniverse about the "Truck I Want."

I would also suspect that some Hoons will remember I sold my "olestationbus", a 1963 Ford Falcon Station Bus to a fellow Hoon down in the Space Coast area of Florida.

And of course, I also did a quick blog about the "The Truck I Got" and the illustrious history of its ownership.

Now, once again, I am acquiring a heretofore undriven and untested vehicle from a junkyard and damn I am excited about it!

What the hell could be more enjoyable than a Jeep Commando? I mean I already have a Comanche, why not another vintage Jeep product to fill the bill. Sure there is some visible rust but I live in Florida....Rust Is My Companion....unlike our compatriat from across the seas...Rust My Enemy..

I will say this about that, the body is straight,

and, come on, it is parked in front of John's (my own damn name) Auto Parts just a few moments drive away from the beach.

And while I am sure many lust after that early 70's Lemans in the backround, the Commando in the foreground is all I care about.


There is a little bit of bodywork that will require some attention but, Hey, I Know A Guy.

But it does have the straight six... and a little more detective work will need to be done to determine just exactly what it is but I suspect it is the AMC six that has been around forever...Input from my fellow Hoons would be much appreciated, needless to say.

No nav system or radio makes this "Special" even more desirable.

And, by the way, if any of my fellow Hoons see a Commando hardtop available anywhere in the Southeast, let this olelongrooffan know will ya?

And just to let you know, those original wheel covers will be replacing those wagon wheels by the end of this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment